Creating sustainable solutions to bridge the opportunity divide among the Latino and underserved communities.
A world where underserved communities have equal access to opportunity.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Award-winning William & Lanaea C. Featherstone Foundation empowered first-generation students to achieve higher education with college scholarships, tackled unemployment, and underemployment through our innovative workforce program that placed participants in meaningful careers.
To date, the Featherstone Foundation has served hundreds of families from 29 countries who speak over 40 languages.
In 2008, an enterprising husband and wife team launched the Foundation to bridge the opportunity divide and develop programs that promote self-sufficiency, economic empowerment and stronger communities. In 2013, Lanaea Featherstone received an Open Society Institute Baltimore Community Fellowship for her efforts empowering immigrant communities. In 2016, the Foundation received a Governor’s Citation for promoting economic growth.
The award-winning Featherstone Foundation works to bridge the opportunity divide among for underserved communities and has improved the lives of hundreds of immigrant families throughout across the State. In addition, we have provided scores of laptop computers to deserving families.
- Councilman Zeke Cohen Resolution for “outstanding contribution to tomorrow’s workforce development.” (2020)
- Maryland Governor’s Citation for promoting economic growth across the state. (2016)
- Community Service Award, Baltimore Gas and Electric (2016)
- Community Service Awards, Greater Mondawmin Coordinating Council (2016)
- Nonprofit of the Year Award, Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2015)
- Community Service Award, Latino Providers’ Network (2015)
- MELLFIN Family Engagement Award, English Language Learner Family Involvement Network. (2015)
- Community Service Award, Winchester Homes (2008)
Lanaea C. Featherstone’s Awards
- The Daily Record Newspaper’s “Leading Women Award” (2018)
- Women on the Move Award, Associated Black Charities (2017)
- The Daily Record Newspaper, VIP Award (2016)
- Open Society Institute Baltimore Fellowship (2013)