2021 Featherstone College Scholarship
Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
Apply Now: Click here for the 2021 Application
Featherstone College Scholarships
Access to higher education is a powerful driver that creates opportunities for underrepresented communities to achieve economic stability.
In 2016, we created the Featherstone College Scholarship Program to promote higher education and to empower the next generation of student leaders.
In 2021, ten selected students will receive $2,000 merit-based awards to attend the University of Baltimore. The innovative scholarship fund works to help increase access to four-year institutions for underrepresented communities.
Across our scholarship programs, the Foundation has awarded over 40 merit-based scholarships to students in financial need. As a result of our work, first-generation college students and those from underrepresented communities are now attending Cornell University, Morgan State University, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, University of Baltimore, and the University of Maryland.
The 2021 application is available here.
Our track record:
43 Merit-Based Scholarship Awards
35 Award Winners
from 12 Countries
- Scholarships are open to underrepresented communities such as international students, immigrants, Hispanic/Latinx heritage or racial minority groups, first-generation college students, and/or those with economic challenges to higher education.
- SAT/ACT scores will be considered
- Cumulative 3.0 grade-point average (GPA)
- Scholarships are open to high school seniors who will start their first semester at the University of Baltimore, undergraduate students applying to transfer to UB, as well as current U.B. college freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- Awards are open to all majors
- Students should demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities; and
- Complete essays outlining career goals and aspirations
- The application must be completed by 11:59 pm on March 5, 2021
- Award winners are expected to attend an award ceremony