The William & Lanaea C. Featherstone Foundation, in partnership with the Consular Section of the Mexican Embassy in Washington, DC and the University of Baltimore invites interested candidates to submit an application for a $2,000 merit-based college scholarship. Six award winners will receive the scholarship awards to pursue academic studies at the University of Baltimore for fall 2017.
Note: You must also apply for college admission at the University of Baltimore to be eligible.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2017 at midnight.
· Scholarships are open to candidates from Hispanic/Latino heritage
· Minimum GPA: 3.0 (and a minimum 980 total score on the SAT for freshman applicants)
· Scholarships are open to high school seniors who will start their first semester at the
University of Baltimore, undergraduate students applying to transfer to UB, as well as current
U.B. college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors
· Awards are open to all majors
· Students should demonstrate an involvement in extracurricular activities; and
· Complete essays outlining career goals and aspirations
Candidates will be notified April 15, 2017
Award Ceremony: Honorees will be recognized during a special ceremony May 20, 2017 at the University of Baltimore!