2021 Featherstone College Scholarships at U.B.
Our application deadline has passed. Please check back with us December 2021
We will announce the 2021 winners soon.
Access to higher education is a powerful driver that creates opportunities for underrepresented communities to achieve economic stability.
In 2016, we created the Featherstone College Scholarship Program at the University of Baltimore to promote higher education and to empower the next generation of student leaders.
In 2021, ten selected students received $2,000 merit-based awards to attend the University of Baltimore. The innovative scholarship fund works to help increase access to four-year institutions for underrepresented communities.
Our track record:
72 Scholarships Awarded
from 12 Countries
- Scholarships are open to underrepresented communities such as international students, immigrants, Hispanic/Latinx heritage or racial minority groups, first-generation college students, and/or those with economic challenges to higher education.
- SAT/ACT scores will be considered
- Cumulative 3.0 grade-point average (GPA)
- Scholarships are open to high school seniors who will start their first semester at the University of Baltimore, undergraduate students applying to transfer to UB, as well as current U.B. college freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- Awards are open to all majors
- Students should demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities; and
- Complete essays outlining career goals and aspirations
- Award winners are expected to attend an award ceremony
Check-out our two-minute impact video about the scholarship program. Since 2017, the Featherstone Foundation has awarded over $156,000 in scholarships through 72 awards to students from 19 countries who now attend Coppin State University, Cornell University, Goucher College, Morgan State University, Northwestern University, The University of Baltimore, St. Mary’s College of Maryland and the University of Maryland.