In partnership with the Consular Section of the Embassy of Mexico in Washington, DC, the William & Lanaea C. Featherstone Foundation is delighted to offer three special $3,000 Featherstone College Scholarships to students who are Mexican nationals or students of Mexican origin living in the United States. This initiative is part of the Featherstone Foundation’s $78,000 College Scholarship Fund that will award nearly 30 scholarships this year. Access to higher education is a powerful driver that creates opportunities for underrepresented communities to achieve economic stability and is paramount in transforming the lives of individuals. However, the financial burden to receive an advanced degree has proven challenging for many. The economic challenge to higher education was further exacerbated during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the Awards: The Featherstone Foundation works to mitigate economical strain and help achieve academic equity in higher education for underserved and traditionally underrepresented students through scholarships. In 2017, we created the inaugural Featherstone College Scholarships in partnership with the Consular Section of the Embassy of Mexico in Washington, DC. The Featherstone College Scholarship program levels the playing field in higher education by providing opportunities and access for students from economically challenged backgrounds. The scholarships lessen the financial burden on families – making graduation more attainable.
- Students must be enrolled for the 2022-2023 academic year at any four-year institution in Maryland.
- Scholarships will be open to freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students. Students who graduated during the 2022 Spring or Summer semesters are not eligible to apply.
- Cumulative 3.0 grade-point average (GPA)
- SAT/ACT scores will be considered
- Demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities
- Complete essays outlining career goals and aspirations
- Students must be a Mexican national or students of Mexican origin living in the United States.
- The application must be completed no later than 11:59 pm on July 30, 2022
- Award winners are expected to attend a virtual award ceremony on Friday, September 23, 2022 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Apply Online here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4991048