Congratulations to the 2020 Scholarship Winners
The 2021 Featherstone HBCU Scholarships are now available.
Apply Now: Submit your application online here
The Featherstone HBCU College Scholarship, powered by the Annie E. Casey Foundation and State Farm– creates opportunities for high-performing students to tap much-needed funding so that attending a four-year, Historically Black College and University (HBCU) can be more attainable.
The Featherstone HBCU Scholarships at Morgan State University are open to high school seniors, transfer students, or those already enrolled during the 2021-2022 academic school year. This year, 8 students will receive $2,000 awards. The Scholarships are open to students of all majors. We invite prospective applicants to apply online here.
This scholarship aims to mitigate financial barriers to higher education and provide underserved communities with access to additional funding. This special award encourages first-generation college students, from economically challenged backgrounds, to pursue higher education and help level the playing field for inner-city students.
To help support the many talented students in Baltimore City, this scholarship helps promote matriculation and student retention for those attending or seeking admission to HBCUs in Baltimore City.
Across our scholarship programs, the Foundation has awarded over 40 merit-based scholarships to students in financial need. As a result of our work, first-generation college students and those from underrepresented communities are now attending Cornell University, Coppin State University, Morgan State University, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, University of Baltimore, and the University of Maryland.
Our track record:
43 Merit-Based Scholarship Awards
35 Award Winners
from 12 Countries
The application form is available online here.
In order to receive consideration for the award, applicants must:
- Be a current Baltimore City resident
- SAT/ACT scores will be considered
- Cumulative 3.0 grade-point average (GPA)
- Scholarships are open to high school seniors who will start their first semester at Morgan State University, undergraduate students applying to transfer to MSU, as well as current MSU college freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- Awards are open to all majors
- Students should demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities; and
- Complete essays outlining career goals and aspirations
- The application must be completed by 11:59 pm on March 5, 2021
- Award winners are expected to attend an award ceremony