Now Accepting Applications
2023 Featherstone HBCU Scholarships Morgan State University
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023
Six Awards | $3,000 each
Access to higher education is a powerful driver that creates opportunities for underrepresented communities to achieve economic stability. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation expanded its programs supporting first-generation students to achieve higher education with college scholarships, tackling unemployment and underemployment through paid internships and our innovative workforce program that places participants in meaningful careers.
Access to higher education is paramount in transforming the lives of individuals and communities. However, the financial burden to receive an advanced degree has proven challenging for some. The Featherstone Foundation works to mitigate the economical strain and achieve Academic Equity in Higher Education for underserved and traditionally underrepresented students through scholarships.
The Featherstone HBCU College Scholarships create opportunities for high-performing students to tap much-needed funding so that attending a four-year, Historically Black College and University (HBCU) can be more attainable.
In 2023, six students will receive Featherstone HBCU Scholarships ($3,000 each). We will celebrate this year’s honorees during the Featherstone Awards Ceremony on August 11, 2023.
To help support the many talented students in Baltimore City, this scholarship helps promote matriculation and student retention for those attending or seeking admission to HBCUs. We invite prospective applicants to submit an online application form here.
- Scholarships are open to students from underrepresented communities, first-generation college students, and/or those with economic challenges to higher education.
- Baltimore City Resident
- SAT/ACT scores will be considered
- Cumulative 3.0 grade-point average (GPA)
- Scholarships are open to high school seniors who will start their first semester at Morgan State University, undergraduate students applying to transfer, as well as current MSU college freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
- Students should demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities; and
- Complete essays outlining career goals and aspirations
- Must be enrolled during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Award winners are expected to attend an award ceremony