The Featherstone Foundation’s Changemaker Award recognizes an influential leader that drives social change and makes a positive impact in the community. Our award has been presented to:
- 2020: Pamela King, senior program manager, OSI-Baltimore.
- 2021: Monica Mitchell, founding board president, Lillie May Carroll Jackson Girls Public Charter School.
Each year, the Featherstone Foundation honors the high academic achievements of outstanding students from underrepresented communities across the state of Maryland. This year, 30 outstanding students will receive recognition and college scholarships for their stellar academic performance.
We will honor our 2022 Changemaker Award Recipient and these incredible 30 student winners during the Featherstone Scholarship Awards Ceremony on Friday, September 23, 2022 from 12:00 to 1:30pm. The virtual event will take place on Facebook @FeathertoneFdn.
Our phenomenal lineup includes:
- Travis E. Mitchell, senior vice president & chief content officer, Maryland Public Television
- Mariana Diaz, deputy consul, Embassy of Mexico
- Lanaea Featherstone, founder, Featherstone Foundation
- University Partner Representatives: Coppin State University, Morgan State University and The University of Baltimore
Since 2017, the Featherstone Foundation has provided over $230,000 through 98 scholarships to students from 20 countries that now attend 12 institutions.