Apply Now: The Featherstone Foundation’s 10-week certification program, Building Pathways, provides low-income, underemployed and unemployed multicultural trainees in Maryland with the opportunity to become licensed practitioners in the insurance industry. The program creates a pathway for economic development, career growth, and community for individuals seeking to grow within the insurance industry. Our cohort model program includes access to a comprehensive pre-licensing course, resume building and interview preparation, study support, and licensing examination.
The application deadline is August 6, 2021.
As a result of our workforce program, graduates will be prepared to apply and secure a role in the insurance industry with partners such as State Farm and other insurance agencies, establishing themselves in a growing industry and earning salaries and benefits.
Our Track Record:
- Boubacar D., Mali, State Farm
- Soliana G., Eritrea, State Farm
- Cheick D., Mali, State Farm
- Delia R., Mexico, New York Life Insurance Company
Program Requirements: You must meet the minimum requirements to apply:
- An interest learning about the insurance, property, and casualty industry
- Be ready for professional growth, a career change and willing to accept a new position by August 2021
- Live in the state of Maryland
- and be able to work in the U.S.: Work Permit, Permanent Resident, U.S. National or U.S. Citizen.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Speak English fluently
- Be available to attend program sessions every other Monday from 6pm – 8:30pm
- Be available to attend live pre-licensing course sessions at the following dates and times:
- September 1 and 2 from 9:00am – 4:00pm EST
- September 15 and 16, from 9:00am – 4:00pm EST
We strongly encourage candidates who have decided not to obtain a four-year degree to also apply to this program.
Candidates should possess some of these skills:
- Customer service
- Retail experience
- Cash-handling experience
- Sales experience
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Application Deadline: August 6
- Interviews: August 10 and 13, 2021
- Notification of Selection: August 18, 2021
- Program Sessions: 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- August 25, 2021
- September 8, 2021
- September 22, 2021
- September 29, 2021
- October 6, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- October 27, 2021
- Two Day Insurance Pre-license Training Sessions: 9:00am to 4:00pm
- September 1 and 2
- September 15 and 16