Our signature workforce program “Reaching New Heights is creating a pipeline of bilingual talent for the banking industry. Our program prepares bilingual, low-income and underemployed Latino candidates in resume development, interviewing skills and customer service – and matches vetted candidates with employers in the financial services industries such as banks, insurance companies and credit unions to diversify the financial workforce.
Through our highly-successful workforce development program, our graduates have landed full time jobs at major financial institutions such as BB&T Bank, Wells Fargo, Priority Financial Services, and New York Life Insurance Company. Some of our participants report making double their annual income plus benefits, including health insurance, 401K and paid sick and vacation days. The Foundation’s impact video features two participant testimonials: https://vimeo.com/152434471
Job Placement Highlights:
- Maria L., a native of Colombia, has been hired at BB&T Bank as a Community Branch Banker. She’s now making double her annual income, plus benefits. She speaks English, Spanish and French.
- Eduardo V., Mexican native, landed a position as a bilingual bank teller at BB&T Bank as a result of our program. He’s already received a promotion. Prior to this, he was a cook at a local restaurant.
- Maria F., a Mexican native, scored a position as a bilingual bank teller at BB&T Bank in Canton as a result of the program.
- Xiomara V., a native of El Salvador, accepted a job at Priority Financial Services, working in the loan department. She was a custodian prior to our program.
- Iris A., a native of El Salvador, received a job as a bilingual teller at Wells Fargo Bank. Prior to our program, she worked as a manager at a local fastfood chain.
With additional support from: Bank of America, TD Bank Charitable Foundation, BB&T Bank, Wells Fargo and the Baltimore County Public Library!