A world where underserved communities have equal access to opportunity.
Who we are:
The William & Lanaea C. Featherstone Foundation, an award-winning nonprofit, has an unparalleled reputation for advancing economic outcomes of immigrant families. Since 2008, our programs have improved lives and have made measurable impacts on communities. For our work, we’ve received a Governor’s Citation for promoting economic growth, a Nonprofit of the Year Award and many numerous awards and recognitions.
In 2008, an enterprising husband and wife team launched the award-winning William & Lanaea C. Featherstone Foundation to bridge the opportunity divide among the Latino and underserved communities to achieve self-sufficiency, economic empowerment and stronger communities.
The Foundation has improved the lives of hundreds of Latino and immigrant families throughout Baltimore and across the State. In addition, we have provided scores of laptop computers to deserving Latino families.
- Maryland Governor’s Citation for promoting economic growth (2016)
- Community Service Award, Baltimore Gas and Electric (2016)
- Community Service Award, Greater Mondawmin Coordinating Council (2016)
- Nonprofit of the Year Award, Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2015)
- Community Service Award, Latino Providers’ Network (2015)
- Family Engagement Award, ELL Family Involvement Network (2015)
- Community Service Award, Winchester Homes (2008)
Lanaea Featherstone’s Accolades
- The Daily Record Newspaper’s “Leading Women Award” (2018)
- Women on the Move Award, Associated Black Charities (2017)
- The Daily Record Newspaper, VIP Award (2016)
- Open Society Institute Baltimore Fellowship (2013)
The William & Lanaea C. Featherstone Foundation
11101 Resort Road, #107
Ellicott City, MD 21042
Twitter | @FeatherstoneFdn
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/FeatherstoneFdn