In 2008, an enterprising husband and wife team launched the award-winning William & Lanaea C. Featherstone Foundation to bridge the opportunity divide among the Latino and underserved communities to achieve self-sufficiency, economic empowerment and stronger communities.
In 2013, Foundation President Lanaea C. Featherstone received an Open SocietyInstitute Baltimore Community Fellowship, from a pool of 150 applicants, to provide direct services to the Latino community. The following year, tech-giant IBM provided us with a three-year, organizational strategic plan to magnify its’ organizational impact.
We are honored that on Jan. 8, 2015, the Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce named the Featherstone Foundation “Nonprofit of the Year” for improving the lives of Hispanics in Baltimore. The Foundation has been recognized nationally with a feature story on NBC News.
The Foundation has improved the lives of hundreds of Latino families throughout Baltimore and across the State. In addition, we have provided scores of laptop computers to deserving Latino families.
- Daily Record Newspaper: Foundation President Lanaea C. Featherstone receives VIP Award: Very Important Professionals Successful by 40 (2016)
- Maryland Governor’s Citationfor promoting economic growth across the state. (2016)
- Community Service Award, Baltimore Gas and Electric (2016)
- Community Service Awards, Greater Mondawmin Coordinating Council(2016)
- Nonprofit of the Year Award, Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2015)
- Community Service Award,Latino Providers’ Network (2015)
- MELLFIN Family Engagement Award, English Language Learner Family Involvement Network. (2015)
- Community Service Award, Winchester Homes (2008)