Access to higher-education is a powerful driver that creates opportunities for underserved communities to achieve economic stability.
In 2016, we created the Featherstone College Scholarship Program to promote higher education and to empower the next generation of student leaders.
In Fall 2020, selected students will receive merit-based awards to attend the University of Baltimore. The innovative scholarship fund works to help increase access to four year institutions for diverse communities.
The Foundation has awardedover 40 merit-based scholarships to students in financial need. As a result of our work, first-generation college students and those from underrepresented communities are now attending Cornell University, Coppin State University,Morgan State University, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, University of Baltimore and the University of Maryland.
Our track record:
43 Merit-Based Scholarship Awards
35 Award Winners
from 12 Countries
Check-out our two-minute impact video about the scholarship program.
- Scholarships are open to: underserved communities such as international students, immigrants, those of Hispanic/Latino heritage or minorities.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- SAT scores for freshman applicants will be considered
- Scholarships are open to high school seniors who will start their first semester at the University of Baltimore, undergraduate students applying to transfer to UB, as well as current U.B. college freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students.
- Awards are open to all majors
- Students should demonstrate an involvement in extracurricular activities; and
- Complete essays outlining career goals and aspirations