Stay tuned: We will announce the 2020 winners soon.
Access to higher-education is a powerful driver that creates opportunities for underserved communities to achieve economic stability.
In 2016, we created the Featherstone College Scholarship Program to promote higher education and to empower the next generation of student leaders.
In Fall 2020, selected students will receive merit-based awards to attend the University of Baltimore. The innovative scholarship fund works to help increase access to four year institutions for diverse communities.
Over the past three years, the Featherstone Foundation has awarded 28 merit based awards totaling $58,000. First-generation college students are now attending Cornell University, University of Baltimore and the University of Maryland.
Our track record:
28 Merit-Based Scholarship Awards
23 Award Winners
from 10 Countries
Awards: In 2020, ten students will receive $2,000 awards to pursue their education at the University of Baltimore.
Check-out our two-minute impact video about the scholarship program.
- Scholarships are open to: underserved communities such as international students, immigrants, those of Hispanic/Latino heritage or minorities.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- SAT scores for freshman applicants will be considered
- Scholarships are open to high school seniors who will start their first semester at the University of Baltimore, undergraduate students applying to transfer to UB, as well as current U.B. college freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students.
- Awards are open to all majors
- Students should demonstrate an involvement in extracurricular activities; and
- Complete essays outlining career goals and aspirations
Award Ceremony: Honorees will be recognized during a special ceremony.