Graduates of the Featherstone Foundation’s Reaching New Heights Program have landed incredible careers in the financial services industry. Our program helps bilingual candidates create resumes, perfect their interviewing skills, meet employers and secure meaningful careers.
Through our highly-successful workforce development program, our graduates have landed full time jobs at major financial institutions such as PNC, BB&T, Howard Bank, MECU, Wells Fargo, State Farm and New York Life Insurance Companies.
Our graduates are earning between $9,000-$42,000 more in wages as a result of our program, plus benefits, including health insurance, 401K and paid sick and vacation days. The Foundation’s impact video features two participant testimonials
Are you looking for a better paying job? Do you want to earn more money? If you want to improve your professional outlook, apply to our program today!
Selected participants will attend a 10-week training, Saturdays from 10am-1pm, September 7-November 9.
You must meet the minimum requirements to apply:
● Work Permit, Permanent Resident, U.S. National or U.S. Citizen.
● Be ready for professional growth and accept a new job by November 9, 2019
● Speak English and a second language fluently.
- Recruitment: May to June 2019
- Interviews for Finalists: June -July 2019
- Orientation for Selected Participants: August 2019
- Training: Saturday September 7 to November 9, 2019, 10 a.m. to 1pm.
- Job placement: During the course of the program
Candidates should possess some of these skills: customer service and retail experience, cash-handling, sales, the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
Selected Candidates will be required to undergo:
- Background check
- Credit check
Job Placement Highlights:
- Yefri H., a native of Honduras, has landed a position at BB&T Bank as a Community Branch Banker I
- Boubacar D., a native of Mali, is now working at State Farm Insurance Company.
- Jennifer M., born to Salvadoran parents, has landed a full-time position as a teller at PNC bank.
- Stephanie M., a native of Puerto Rico, landed a full-time position at Howard Bank
- Maria G. a native of Nicaragua, has been hired at BB&T as banker.
- Adama T., a native of Mali, accepted a full-time position as a staff auditor at SB & Company.
- Batseba T., a native of Eritrea, is now working at the Asylee Women Enterprise as a program coordinator assistant.
- Eduardo V., Mexican native, landed a position as a bilingual bank teller at Wells Fargo as a result of our program.